CALL FOR A CONSULTATION
WITH DR. SEILER
CO2 Laser Pre-Care Instructions
Cosmetic Laser Procedures
- CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Fraxel Restore Dual
- IPL Treatment
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Q-Switched Laser
- Exilis Skin Tightening System
- Laser Spider Vein Removal
- Vampire Facelift®
- Botox Cosmetic
- Juvederm XC
- Juvederm VOLUMA XC
- Juvederm VOLBELLA XC
- Juvederm VOLLURE XC
- Cystic Acne Treatment
- Lipo B-12
Aesthetic Facial Treatments
CO2 Laser Pre-Care Instructions
- Notify us if you have a history of developing cold sores (herpes infections), facial sores, or any other type of infection. Also notify us if you have tattoos or permanent makeup.
- Minimize sun exposure and use daily sunblock containing zinc oxide. Discuss with Dr. Seiler how long you must be completely out of the sun and off self-tanner before treatment (generally 3 weeks).
- Begin Alastin Skin Nectar 2 weeks prior to procedure and continue using it until the morning of your procedure.
- Stop Tretinoin, Retin-A, Retinol 10 days before and Skin lightening products (Hydroquinone 4%) 3 days before.
- Bring one tablet of Benadryl (25 mg, over-the-counter) for the procedure. If you have a long ride home, bring a cooler of ice for afterwards.
- Purchase a bottle of white vinegar for vinegar soaks. Also purchase small cotton washcloths.
- Avoid waxing for 1 week before and 4-8 weeks after treatment.
- Do NOT bring Jewelry or valuables to procedure
- Remove all nail polish from fingernails, including French manicures BEFORE the procedure.
- Drink A LOT of water the days before your procedure. Hydration is very important because we will be drawing your blood for the procedure.
Morning of the procedure:
Eat a solid meal. Cleanse face and do not wear makeup or perfume to treatment. Dress in comfortable clothes with a loose fitting, low cut shirt. If you have long hair, wear in back in a ponytail away from face and neck.
4 days before procedure begin:
- Arnica - Take 3 tablets under tongue 3 times per day for 4 days prior to procedure (and 4days after).
- Bromelain - Take 2 capsules on an empty stomach 3 times per day for 4 days prior to procedure (and 3 days after).
- Probiotic 8 - Take 1 capsule on an empty stomach 2 times per day for 4 days prior to procedure and continue until bottle is gone. This is a great supplement to use long-term.
Day before procedure begin:
- Valtrex (valcyclovir, antiviral) – 1 daily for one week
- Clindamycin (antibiotic) - (if given) twice/day for one week
- Diflucan (antifungal/anti-yeast) (fluconazole) - (if given) take one pill one time only
Day of procedure:
- Valium (diazepam)/Demerol (meprogan)/Phenergan (promethazine) – l each on the way to procedure and bring rest (must have a driver if taking these).
- Medrol Dose Pack - (if given) Do not take as written on box. Take one after the procedure and 1 pill every 4-6 hours for the next 2-3 days as needed to help reduce swelling. This will especially be useful for the first two days after the procedure.
- Seiler sedation sucker - if prescribed, pick up day before procedure at Over the Mountain Pharmacy: 4628 Cahaba Heights Court, Birmingham, AL 35243 Phone (205) 824-0775 Hours M-Th 9 am-4:30 pm, Friday 9 am-noon