CALL FOR A CONSULTATION
WITH DR. SEILER
Fraxel Pre-Care Instructions
Cosmetic Laser Procedures
- CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Fraxel Restore Dual
- IPL Treatment
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Q-Switched Laser
- Exilis Skin Tightening System
- Laser Spider Vein Removal
- Vampire Facelift®
- Botox Cosmetic
- Juvederm XC
- Juvederm VOLUMA XC
- Juvederm VOLBELLA XC
- Juvederm VOLLURE XC
- Cystic Acne Treatment
- Lipo B-12
Aesthetic Facial Treatments
Fraxel Pre-Care Instructions
Please contact us to schedule a consultation for Fraxel. During your consultation we will discuss these pre-care items for your treatment.
- No Accutane use in the past one year.
- Any history of vitiligo, scleroderma, collagen disorders, radiation treatment, skin cancer, psoriasis, keloid, pregnancy, breastfeeding. Notify Dr. Seiler of history of dermal filler or silicone injection.
- Notify us if you have a history of developing cold sores (herpes infections), facial sores, or any other type of infection. Also notify us if you have permanent makeup.
- Minimize sun exposure and use daily sunblock containing zinc oxide. Discuss with Dr. Seiler how long you must be completely out of the sun and off of self-tanner before treatment.
- Stop Retin A one week before and skin-lightening creams 3 days before.
- Begin Alastin Skin Nectar 2 weeks prior to procedure and continue using it until the morning of your procedure.
- Purchase small bottle of vinegar for vinegar soaks. Also purchase small cotton washcloths and wash them in unscented, powder detergent using an extra rinse cycle. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets on anything that will come in contact with your face or hands. This includes bed sheets, pillowcases, washcloths, and towels.
- Fill your prescription and begin taking the antiviral (Valtrex or other) the day before the procedure.
- If you have a long ride home, bring a cooler of ice for afterwards.
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Avoid waxing for 1 week before and 4 weeks after treatment.
- Begin taking arnica - three tablets under tongue three times per day for four days prior to procedure (and four days after).
- Come in for procedure without makeup and in comfortable clothes.
- Do NOT bring jewelry or valuables to procedure
Morning of the procedure:
Eat a solid meal. Cleanse face and do not wear makeup or perfume to treatment. Dress in comfortable clothes with a loose fitting, low cut shirt. If you have long hair, wear it in a ponytail away from face and neck.
Valtrex (anti-viral) – 1 daily starting day before procedure. Keflex/Clinda (antibiotic) (if given) twice/day starting day before. Diflucan (antifungal/anti-yeast) (if given) take one the day before procedure. If given Valium, pain tablet, phenergan, take one of each on way to procedure and bring rest. (Must have a driver if taking valium, pain tablet, phenergan).