Dr. Seiler is Birmingham’s board-certified cosmetic laser surgeon, trusted for his ability to treat patients’ concerns safely and effectively.
What is Juvederm Volbella?
Juvederm Volbella (Volbella) is one of the newest fillers in the Juvederm family. It is FDA-approved for the treatment of fine lines (rhytids) around the mouth, lip lines and conservative lip augmentation. Volbella is an excellent option for both the patient who seeks a subtle lip enhancement, or is looking to add a final touch-up to fine lines after other treatments. It can also be used to treat under-eye hollowing, dark circles and volume loss (“tear trough”).
How does Volbella work?
Volbella is a very thin, smooth and soft gel that does not expand after water absorption, like other fillers, which eliminates fluctuation in volume. It uses Allergan’s patented VYCROSS® technology, which uses low concentration hyaluronic acid molecules while still providing long-lasting results. Volbella works by adding tissue strength and structure back to areas that have lost volume (e.g., lost collagen in fine lines, tissue volume in the lips and under the eyes, etc.).
Learn more HERE: Introducing Volbella – The Final Addition to the Filler Trifecta
What makes Volbella different at Seiler Skin?
Dr. Seiler is recognized across the country as a leading authority on injection and injectable techniques. He trains other practitioners on advanced injection techniques for Allergan, the manufacturer of Volbella and through his private training company.
In his daily practice, patients report that Dr. Seiler stands above the rest because he:
- Has deep knowledge of anatomy and facial proportions, and has studied extensively the artistry of facial analysis, DaVinci’s facial ideals, the Marquardt Face and attended a myriad of advanced lectures from world-renowned facial experts, including Dr. Arthur Swift’s BeautiPHIcation Proportional Analysis, and many others. This has enabled Dr. Seiler to look at the face as a whole and determine areas that need to be corrected, versus simply injecting filler where a patient may believe the problem exists.
- A common example of this lack of knowledge translates into an inexperienced injector treating all lips the same. Each person’s lips (and entire anatomy) are different, even if only slightly. Dr. Seiler customizes his approach to each patient’s aesthetic proportions.
- Views Volbella as one of many tools in his arsenal to combat the visible signs of aging. With his deep understanding of the different fillers he uses (including Juvederm, Vollure, Voluma), he is able to maximize results using the appropriate filler in each area.
- Is able to minimize bruising and downtime due to:
- The use of the Accuvein device to reveal areas to avoid that contain vessels in the skin that could cause bruising.
- His commitment to spending as much time as needed to customize his injection technique to address the patient’s concerns, and making the patient as comfortable as possible (holding pressure to avoid bleeding, icing the treated area, etc.).
- Understands that some patients are extremely sensitive and/or anxious about filler treatments, and offers sedation options to help ease these concerns (including ProNox, which is similar to the “the gas” you would receive at a dentist’s office, topical numbing cream, numbing blocks, etc.).
Learn more HERE: What a Difference a Little Filler Can Make
What does Volbella treat?
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Smile lines
- Vertical lip lines (“smoker’s lines”)
- Thinning lips (loss of definition)
- Lip volume
- Under eye hollowing and dark circles (“tear trough”)
- Acne scars and other scars
*Volbella also produces a more hydrated appearance and glow to the lips!
Who is a good candidate for Volbella?
Younger Patients (generally 18-30 years old)
Men and women in this age group who want a subtle enhancement to their lips or are concerned with extremely fine lines that do not warrant any other form of treatment can greatly benefit from a small, cost-effective amount of Volbella. It can also be used to prevent under-eye hollowing, a common and early visible sign of aging.
Middle-aged Patients (generally 30-55 years old)
Men and women in this age group who experience thinning of the lips or loss of volume, but are nervous about being “over-filled,” can use Volbella as a great way to begin lip enhancement. Volbella can be used to treat fine lines around the lips and mouth (perioral lines), or as a “touch up” after other stronger treatments.
Older Patients (generally 55-95 years old)
Patients in this age group will need to replace age-related volume loss. During your consultation, Dr. Seiler will carefully evaluate your concerns and determine what options (volume replacement alone or a combination of non-invasive and surgical procedures) will best address your concerns.
What can I expect when I come to Seiler Skin for Volbella?
Patients who have had filler injections from other providers often report they are surprised at the ease and comfort of Dr. Seiler’s approach and techniques, and that bruising is minimal to non-existent. Dr. Seiler is committed to ensuring his patients fully understand how he will address their concerns, and are completely comfortable during their treatment.
What is the social downtime after receiving Volbella?
There is minimal to no social downtime after receiving Volbella at Seiler Skin, and patients can immediately resume their normal activities. If you experience very minimal bruising, makeup can be worn for cover. Although rare, if any bruising occurs, a quick, free IPL spot treatment will rapidly dissolve the bruise.
How quickly will I see results from Volbella?
The results from Volbella injections are instant because, unlike other fillers, it does not expand (what you see is what you get). Volbella alone can be enough for a conservative lip enhancement. When treating fine lines, Volbella can be combined with other laser or filler procedures, including the Vampire Facelift, to provide patients with the best results.
How much does Volbella cost?
At Seiler Skin, a single syringe of Volbella costs $450, but can be reduced to $300 – $400 per syringe when added to other filler treatments. This price includes any topical or injectable numbing, if necessary.
Most providers advertise Volbella anywhere from $350 – $450 per syringe; however, this can be misleading as some providers will recommend more Volbella than is necessary to achieve your desired result, driving the cost up. Dr. Seiler’s expertise empowers him to determine exactly how much Volbella you will need.
Do not determine where you will go for Volbella based on price – make your decision based upon expertise.
An alarming number of patients have come to Seiler Skin unhappy with their results from another provider, admitting they “price-shopped.” Unfortunately, due to how long Volbella lasts, Dr. Seiler must use an expensive enzyme (costing up to $600 per session, and multiple sessions may be necessary) to dissolve the improperly injected filler and patients must wait 3-4 months before attempting injection again.
Additionally, serious compilations can arise if a provider accidentally injects filler into blood vessels or other delicate structures. We cannot emphasize enough how difficult (and potentially dangerous) it is to inject filler, which is why it is critical that patients are educated and choose the right injector.
Lastly, it is well known that providers have been caught using fake, illegally imported or expired filler. It is extremely important that – both for your personal safety and in order to achieve your desired results – you thoroughly research your provider and call Allergan to ensure they purchase their product legally.
Copyright © 2017 by Dr. Warren Seiler (pending). All rights reserved. These instructions, forms or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher.