Warren B. Seiler III, MD is a board-certified cosmetic laser surgeon, specializing exclusively in cosmetic laser procedures and injectable treatments.
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Arkansas Medical School
- Trained in general surgery at Carraway/UAB School of Medicine
- Extensive post-residency training in cosmetic laser, injectable, aesthetic and platelet rich plasma (PRP) treatments
- Board Examiner and Executive Director of American Board of Laser Surgery (ABLS)
- Co-author of the American Board of Laser Surgery’s study guide, examination manual and exams
- Co-authored the Laser Anesthesia chapter in the Textbook of Lasers in Dermatology
- Authored 100+ page ABLS regulations document provided to state medical boards to assist with laser regulations, training and safety best practices
- Fellow of American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Certified Allergan Injection Trainer for Botox Cosmetic and Juvederm, Voluma, Vollure and Volbella fillers
- Expert provider and trainer for Dr. Charles Runels on all Vampire® procedures (Facelift, Facial, Breast Lift, Hair Restoration, Hand Rejuvenation, O-Shot and P-Shot)
- International speaker and trainer for physicians and practitioners on most cosmetic procedures, including laser hair removal, laser spider vein treatments, IPL, fractional and non-fractional laser resurfacing (ablative and non-ablative), Fraxel, ND:YAG, CO2, body contouring devices and many other energy-based cosmetic devices
WHAT DR. SEILER OFFERS
Dr. Seiler specializes in cosmetic laser, injectable, aesthetic and platelet rich plasma (PRP) treatments, and has deep knowledge regarding their uses, best practices and state medical and standard of care responsibilities. He has traveled internationally speaking and training physicians and practitioners for over ten years. Through his position as Executive Director of the ABLS, he has gained additional extensive experience educating medical professionals, state medical boards, regulatory agencies and the general public. Dr. Seiler has worked as an expert witness for both plaintiff and defense attorneys, as well as with state medical boards in different types of laser, energy-based device and injection complication cases. These include medical malpractice cases, civil cases and state medical board investigations.
To learn more about his trial experience, click HERE.
In many cases, Dr. Seiler is called to evaluate a patient complaint. These complaints usually are in regard to complications and/or burns from laser or other energy-based device procedures, or complications related to injectable treatments.
Dr. Seiler will assist attorneys and/or state medical board representatives to help determine:
- What standard of care statutes and state medicals laws pertain to the case (laser, energy-based device or injection)
- What device(s) can legally be used by the practitioner (physician or non-physician)
- Proper levels of training required for a practitioner to perform the procedure
- What level of supervision a non-physician must have in order to perform the procedure safely
Dr. Seiler will provide information specific to:
- The type(s) of condition treated, procedure and device used and treatment parameters
- Proper pre- and post-treatment protocols per procedure and device
- Patient information (which types of patients and/or conditions are good candidates for the procedure)
- Side effects and complications
- What should and should not happen before, during and after the course of treatment
Dr. Seiler also will provide counsel, literature and additional medical references to support his advice and or statements regarding standard of care issues (i.e., typical results from procedure in question, risks vs. benefits, common or expected side effects or complications, rare or unexpected side effects or complications, proper device use and settings, etc.). He will educate the attorney and/or state medical board representatives to whatever degree necessary to achieve the best possible case outcome, which may include determining misdoing, negligence, malpractice or non-adherence to stand and/or country-wide standard of care statutes and applicable state medical laws. Additionally, Dr. Seiler will help determine what the opposing side may discuss, and will provide insight as to the legitimacy of such topics.
Dr. Seiler’s work may range from simple review of documented material, independent medical examination (IME) or providing an opinion on the legitimacy of the case to extensive case work, affidavits, depositions and trial involvement. For more information (complete resume and expert witness experience) or to inquire about his availability, please call our office or reach out via email to [email protected].
To view Dr. Seiler’s CV, click HERE.