Dr. Seiler is Birmingham’s board-certified cosmetic laser surgeon, trusted for his ability to treat patients’ concerns safely and effectively.
Why do we treat acne at Seiler Skin?
Early in his practice, Dr. Seiler saw an opportunity to help patients not typically treated by cosmetic physicians – men, women, teenagers and children with acne. He became frustrated after seeing patients who were desperate for a solution to their acne issues being treated with the same, cookie-cutter dermatological treatment protocol (antibiotics and Spironolactone → harsh topicals → Accutane). Dr. Seiler took it upon himself to research new and better treatment options, and has developed what he calls the “cosmetic method” for treating acne.
How do we treat acne?
Surprisingly, Dr. Seiler found that the best solution to treat acne (simple, complex, cystic and scarring) is actually quite simple and affordable. His path to freedom from acne follows this course:
- A comprehensive consultation with Dr. Seiler and his team (generally takes one to two hours) to determine the root cause of your acne symptoms
- May include a specialty evaluation by a sub-specialist to evaluate potential allergies, hormone irregularities, underlying or general medical issues and dietary concerns
- An integrated skincare regimen using medical-grade skincare products
- Lifestyle modifications to correct acne-causing behaviors and address contributing environmental factors (e.g., changing your pillowcases, sterilizing your cell phone, washing your ball cap, changing your hair products and makeup, etc.)
- HydraFacials and mild chemical peels (minimal downtime)
- Follow-up visits to review your treatment plan and ensure progress
For patients with resistant or severe acne, we may recommend treatments such as IPL, Q-Switched ND:YAG and laser resurfacing, which can also be used to treat acne scarring.
*NOTE: Most patients see significant improvement using a medical-grade skincare regimen, physician-directed lifestyle modifications, treatment of underlying conditions and routine HydraFacials.
What are Kenalog Injections?
At Seiler Skin, we offer Kenalog injections (steroid injections) that safely and effectively treat inflamed and cystic acne lesions that are resistant to simpler treatment methods. The steroid compound works to decrease inflammation in your “huge zit” that won’t resolve or open up on its own. This injection can cause dimpling of the skin, so it must be performed by a skilled provider who understands when and how to use this treatment.
Who can benefit from acne treatment at Seiler Skin?
We can help address acne concerns if you:
- Have simple acne, complicated/cystic acne, acne of rosacea or other forms
- Have acne scarring
- Are a teenager or young adult struggling with acne
- Have adult-onset acne (likely related to hormones, allergies, overall skin health or other medical issues)
If you have tried everything, seen multiple providers and simply are at your wit’s end, Dr. Seiler is confident in his ability to help you escape from the clutches of acne. He and our staff are truly passionate about resolving acne issues, as it has become one of the most rewarding conditions to treat. Start with a consultation, and begin your journey toward a better, freer life!
Copyright © 2017 by Dr. Warren Seiler (pending). All rights reserved. These instructions, forms or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher.