Why Dr. Seiler prefers Juvederm over other fillers
- It gives the most natural fill of lines, wrinkles, and volume loss for any area on the face.
- If it is injected properly by a skilled physician, you will not feel it under the skin.
- Juvederm XC lasts an average of 1 year, Vollure and Volbella last 1 to 1.5 years and Voluma last 1 to 2 years.
- The product, hyaluronic acid (HA), is naturally produced by the body. I have never had a patient get an allergic reaction to Juvederm.
- It has minimal side effects and there is a product made that will reverse it if needed. It is extremely rare in our practice to use the enzyme that will reverse the effects of filler.
What are the other fillers and why doesn’t Dr. Seiler use them?
- Restylane and Perlane are the two most common competing HA fillers on the market. I do not like them for multiple reasons. They do not last as long. They do not fill as completely and do not add as much volume per amount used. They do not feel as natural in the skin and can feel lumpy. Juvederm is a smooth consistency gel and these other two are more granular in feel.
- Radiesse is another dermal filler. In short, I do not like the way it works. It is a precursor to bone and can become very hard. It is “supposed” to last long and give a decent fill but it simply does not. I have never had a patient that I felt needed a more volumizing filler than Juvederm especially now that we have Juvederm Voluma. Also, Radiesse is not reversible.
- Sculptra works differently than all the others. It works by causing the body to have an inflammatory reaction to the actual product and the skin and tissue thickens due to the inflammation. I do not like the way it works. Juvederm fills by both the volume that you use and by its absorption of water which makes it expand. Sculptra fills by causing an uncontrollable reaction to the product. If you don’t like Sculptra, you are unfortunately stuck with it for years because it is not reversible and it is really expensive.
- Belotero is a newer HA filler that only lasts up to 6 months so it is not as good as Juvederm.
- Other fillers like Zyderm, Zyplast, and Evolence have been pulled from the market or are no longer promoted by the companies that make them.
In conclusion, Juvederm is the best combination of great result, natural fill and feel, good cost, good length, and safe product.