Dr. Seiler is Birmingham’s board-certified cosmetic laser surgeon, trusted for his ability to treat patients’ concerns safely and effectively.
What is Juvederm Vollure?
Juvederm Vollure XC (Vollure) is the first and only hyaluronic acid (HA) filler FDA-approved to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds for up to 18 months. Vollure can also be used to treat milder concerns in the nasolabial folds and perioral area (around the mouth) and restore lip volume. It is one of the newest fillers in Allergan’s Juvederm family, and is a great long-lasting solution for restoring volume and tissue strength in the face of patients of all ages.
How does Vollure work?
Vollure is a very versatile filler that is in between Juvederm Volbella XC and Juvederm Voluma XC in thickness and, therefore, can be used in many different areas and depths of the face. It uses Allergan’s patented VYCROSS® technology, and has a medium concentration of short- and long-chain hyaluronic acid molecules which provides smooth and long-lasting results. Vollure improves tissue strength and structure in areas that have lost volume (e.g., lost collagen in wrinkles, nasolabial folds, areas around the mouth, lips, tear trough (under the eyes), etc.).
Why come to Seiler Skin for Vollure?
Dr. Seiler is recognized nationally as a leading authority on injection and injectable techniques. He trains other practitioners on advanced injection techniques for Allergan, the manufacturer of Vollure and through his private training company.
In his daily practice, patients report that Dr. Seiler stands above the rest because he:
- Has deep knowledge of anatomy and facial proportions, and has studied extensively the artistry of facial analysis, DaVinci’s facial ideals, the Marquardt Face and attended a myriad of advanced lectures from world-renowned facial experts, including Dr. Arthur Swift’s BeautiPHIcation Proportional Analysis, and many others. This has enabled Dr. Seiler to look at the face as a whole and determine areas that need to be corrected, versus simply injecting filler where a patient may believe the problem exists.
- A common example of this lack of knowledge translates into an inexperienced injector treating all nasolabial folds the same. Each person’s face (and entire anatomy) is different, even if only slightly, and one filler alone may not be able to effectively address multiple concerns. Dr. Seiler customizes his approach to each patient’s aesthetic proportions.
- Views Vollure as one of many tools in his arsenal to combat the visible signs of aging. With his deep understanding of the different fillers he uses (including Juvederm XC, Juvederm Voluma XC and Juvederm Volbella XC), he is able to maximize results using the appropriate filler in each area.
- Is able to minimize bruising and downtime due to:
- The use of the Accuvein device to reveal areas to avoid that contain vessels in the skin that could cause bruising.
- His commitment to spending as much time as needed to customize his injection technique to address the patient’s concerns, and making the patient as comfortable as possible (holding pressure to avoid bleeding, icing the treated area, etc.).
- Understands that some patients are extremely sensitive and/or anxious about filler treatments, and offers sedation options to help ease these concerns (including ProNox, which is similar to the “the gas” you would receive at a dentist’s office, topical numbing cream, numbing blocks, etc.).
What does Vollure treat?
- Generalized volume loss in the face
- Mild, moderate and severe nasolabial folds
- Fine lines and wrinkles throughout the face
- Smile lines and perioral lines (around the mouth)
- Lip lines and volume
- Tear trough (under-eye hollowing and dark circles)
Who is a good candidate for Vollure?
Younger Patients (generally 18-30 years old)
Men and women in this age group who want to maintain their youthful volume and prevent/reduce fine lines and wrinkles can benefit from occasional injections of a small amount of Vollure. One syringe of Vollure can last 18 months or longer.
Middle-aged Patients (generally 30-55 years old)
Men and women in this age range usually see anywhere from minimal to severe volume loss, but may not yet be good candidates for surgical intervention. Vollure can be used to fill fine lines and wrinkles if the patient does not need more significant lifting of the face, where Juvederm XC, Juvederm Voluma XC and other procedures (Vampire Facelift, etc.) would be utilized.
Older Patients (generally 55-95 years old)
Patients in this age group will need to replace age-related volume loss. During your consultation, Dr. Seiler will carefully evaluate your concerns and determine what options (volume replacement alone or a combination of non-invasive and surgical procedures) will best address your concerns.
What can I expect when I come to Seiler Skin for Vollure?
Dr. Seiler is committed to ensuring his patients fully understand how he will address their concerns, and are completely comfortable during their treatment. Patients who have had filler injections from other providers often report they are surprised at the ease and comfort of Dr. Seiler’s approach and techniques, and that bruising is minimal to non-existent.
What is the social downtime after receiving Vollure?
There is no social downtime after receiving Vollure with Dr. Seiler. You can immediately resume your normal activities. If you experience minimal bruising, makeup can easily be worn for cover. Although rare, if any bruising occurs, a quick, free IPL spot treatment will rapidly eliminate the bruise.
How quickly will I see results from Vollure?
The results from Vollure are instantaneous, and because no swelling or expansion occurs, you do not have to wait the typical four weeks to see results peak. Your results will last one to two years, and can be maintained with occasional touchups. When Vollure is combined with the Vampire Facelift, patients will see even better results from PRP-driven collagen stimulation and increased volume enhancement.
An alarming number of patients have come to Seiler Skin unhappy with their results from another provider, admitting they “price-shopped.” Unfortunately, due to how long Vollure lasts, Dr. Seiler must use an expensive enzyme to dissolve the improperly injected filler (can cost up to $600) and patients must wait 3-4 months before attempting injection again.
Additionally, serious compilations can arise if a provider accidentally injects filler into blood vessels or other delicate structures. We cannot emphasize enough how difficult (and potentially dangerous) it is to inject filler, which is why it is critical that patients are educated and choose the right injector.
Lastly, the FDA and DEA have cracked down on providers caught using fake Juvederm, illegally imported Juvederm or expired Juvederm. It is extremely important that – both for your personal safety and in order to achieve your desired results – you thoroughly research your provider and call Allergan, the manufacturer of Juvederm, to ensure they purchase their product legally.
Copyright © 2017 by Dr. Warren Seiler (pending). All rights reserved. These instructions, forms or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher.