Why No One Filler is the Same
Filler is one of the most popular treatments at our practice and across the aesthetic industry, with millions of injections provided every year to help people look and feel their best. While this injectable is fairly well-known, many people don’t realize that there are in fact multiple brands and types of filler used at practices nationwide. In fact, here at Seiler Skin, we use nine different kinds of filler to address patients’ cosmetic and aesthetic concerns — with Lips+ from Revanesse being the latest addition to our lineup. We wanted to go back to basics and thought to give a crash course in what filler is, why there are different types and how we use all of them to provide superior results here at our practice.
What does filler treat?
As we age, our bodies naturally lose collagen, elastin, fat and even bone. This can lead to a loss of fullness in areas of the face such as lips, cheeks, jawline, neck, hands, as well as greater skin laxity in the same areas. We use filler to address these “static” issues by restoring volume and fullness to provide a more youthful appearance.
Why are there different types of fillers?
At Seiler Skin, we offer six different kinds of filler across a few brands. These include:
- Juvederm XC
- Juvederm Voluma XC
- Juvederm Vollure XC
- Juvederm Volbella
- RHA Collection (3 filler options)
- Revanesse Versa and Lips+
The reason we offer so many types of filler is to holistically treat patients’ concerns with the injectable that will best address aesthetic issues. Fillers vary in terms of their density and application use, meaning one may be best for the lips while another is ideal for the cheeks or jaw line. By carrying different types of filler and being expertly trained in all of them, I’m able to assess which one filler — or combination of multiple — can provide a patient with the results they’re looking for.
Which areas of the body can fillers treat?
Fillers have so many uses both in the face and in other areas of the body, which is where having multiple types comes in handy. Here’s just a snapshot of how we use filler:
- Lips – this is one of the more common applications of filler. An important thing to note: you always want to achieve a lip size that fits the proportions of the face, which is something we always take into consideration rather than providing a one-size-fits-all solution. Lips+ is a nice in between the thinner fillers and the more volumizing fillers, and an ideal choice for a slight lip enhancement that looks and feels natural. Learn more about lip filler here.
- Lower Face/Jawline – injectors often overlook the use of filler in these areas, but it can actually be great for defining the jawline, lifting the neck and reducing the prominence of jowls. Learn more about lower face/jawline filler here.
- Under-Eyes – we use filler and platelet rich plasma (PRP) to restore fullness under the eyes as well as provide an overall more “awake” look. Learn more about under-eye filler here.
- Hands – most people forget that our hands often show signs of aging the fastest. The Vampire Hand Rejuvenation treatment once again combines filler and PRP to address signs of aging, restore fullness and turn back time on your hands.
How do I know which type(s) of filler I need?
Each patient’s concerns and facial anatomy are different, which is why a consultation is necessary to determine the best treatment plan. I use my vast experience with injectables and deep understanding of facial anatomy to see which fillers will work best to give you the results you want. I want you to walk out of our practice with noticeable yet natural results every single time, and always strive for a superior patient experience!
If you want to learn more about the benefits of filler, if you may be an ideal candidate for filler or our treatments in general, contact us today at 205.870.0204 or book an appointment online.